The master electrician will be responsible for the diagnosis, repair and installation of the electrical equipment for transportation related assets including bridges and roadway lighting systems.
*This position is contingent upon award of contract.*
· Direct employees and subcontractors in the execution of projects to include: oversight of daily operations, Structure Work Order completion, incident and emergency response, logistics coordination, customer service request closeout, problem and conflict resolution, quality assurance, deliverable submission and other requirements defined under the client Scope of Services.
· Operations, maintenance, and repair of structure infrastructure, e.g. high mast lights, bridge fender systems, overhead signs, drainage structures, bridge deck, etc.
· Conduct scheduled routine electrical systems preventive maintenance.
· Responsible for recording and reporting all findings upon inspection.
· Conduct scheduled routine preventive maintenance of roadway lighting cabinets and controls.
· Responsible for troubleshooting, repairing and replacing the following electrical components: contactors, relays, limit switches, momentary switches, malfunctioning motors, motor controls and disconnects, relay logic circuits, variable frequency drives, automatic transfer switches, programmable logic controller integration.
· HS Diploma or GED required; Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred
· Must have completed an accredited apprenticeship program or vocational training program and possess a current Master Electrician license.
· Five (5) years of directly applicable experience in a management position delivering asset management or highway/roadway/bridge operations and maintenance; state or local government experience a plus.
· Must have a valid driver’s license and be able pass a physical exam (Ability to stand, bend and reach for extended periods of time, bend or stoop in confined spaces, climb ladders, walk for extended periods of time, work under stressful conditions, and move heavy objects.
· Capable of leading and supervising other qualified electrical technicians.
· Adherence to all OSHA and NECA safety regulations.
· Knowledge of proper lockout/tagout procedures
· Ability to read and interpret wiring diagrams
· Extensive knowledge and skill in the Experience repairing and replacing following lighting systems: highway sign, bridge, aesthetic and navigation lighting.
· Ability to operate Bucket Truck.
· Must be able to professionally interact with customers of all levels.
· Must speak, read and write English.
Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check.