To receive, transport, issue and deliver Aviation petroleum products using various Government Furnished and Leased Commercial fuel tankers and equipment to provide fuel support serviced as directed by USG.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES:
- Able to perform Preventive Maintenance Checks and Services (PMCS) prior, during, and after use of assigned equipment.
- Ability to operates M978 HEMTT trucks, M969 tankers, Commercial tankers, and special purpose equipment
(SPE) associated with petroleum distribution. (Both inside and outside camp perimeter).
- Able to perform retail dispensing and bulk fuel transfer utilizing equipment associated with
petroleum distribution to approved customers equipment or tankers.
- Must be familiar with the procedures for Receiving, Storing, and Issuing three types of POL fuel
products (JP8, MOGAS, and Diesel/DF1 and DF2).
- Able to perform visual fuel samples and document results to accept or reject contaminated fuel.
- Routinely transfer fuel between tankers or storage tanks as needed
- Able to conduct multiple daily trips to fuel depots to replenish fuels stocks.
- Deliver Bulk or Retail fuel to a Logistics Release Point (LRP) or designated location in
support of approved customers and the Fuel section as directed
- Perform accurate gauging and execute accountability procedures of fuel products from the time received until
- Fuels and de-fuels vehicles and stationary equipment. Take emergency action to prevent harm
to self and facilities in the event of Fuel spillage or fire.
- Perform general housekeeping duties as assigned sweeping and trash removal from break rooms,
storage, Truck containments and retail areas
- Performs other related tasks as directed Responsibilities
- Must have all required HAZMAT and Aviation POL endorsements.
MATERIAL & EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED:
Government Furnished Equipment:
- M978 2,500 Gallon Heavy Expanded Mobility Tactical Truck (HEMTT)
- Anton Paar Digital Density Meter
- Gammon API and Millipore (Sampling and Gauging Kit)
- 300 GPM Centrifugal Fuel Transfer pump and various fuel dispensing equipment
- Commercial Fuel tankers ranging in capacity from 4,000 to 9,511 gallons manufactured by (MAN,
IVECO, Mercedes, DAF, and Volvo)
- Work is outdoors with exposure to extreme ambient temperatures, sandstorms, and lightning
- The Fuel Section areas have potential for exposure to Environmental (Snakes, Scorpions)and Chemical Hazards
- Other exposures are transporting fuel over the Iraq Highways and inside congested or confined areas at the work Locations.
- Employees are required to use Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), which includes but is not
limited to head, foot, hand, torso, respiratory, vision and hearing protective devices.
- Employees may be required to work overtime or adjusted shifts to complete mission
- Position may require driving over 500 km daily depending on mission requirements
- Must comply with Military, OSHA, EPA, Fire Regulations and published company work rules